Welcome to Silver Sand Village Resort, Havelock
This self-contained village style resort is an architectural ode to the motherland of Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Situated on the paradise Island of Havelock (Now Swaraj Dweep Island), the resort is walking distance to the beautiful and stoic Kalapathar Beach. The resort plays a homage to the colours, culture, flavours and lifestyle of the villages and farmlands that surrounds it. The cottages of the resort borrows its colour palette from the colour-blocked pastel skyline of local village neighbourhoods, the lights that adorn the resorts are inspired by everyday village utensils such as the milk-cans, water pots & well buckets. The ceilings of the cottages are created as a mosaic of waste wood pieces generated during construction and furniture fabrication. The resort is equipped with a grand swimming pool, Spa rooms, spacious gardens, children play pens, a vibrant restaurant, a luxurious roof top bar with a spacious open decks and a picturesque view of lush green farm lands on all four sides. In other words, the Silver Sand Village Resort is a destination by itself.
Please note that Havelock Island is a remote destination with limited medical facilities in case of any emergency, we request all guest to inform us of any major medical ailment which may need special treatments or any food allergy’s so that we can inform the resort accordingly. All guests are requested to carry a stock of emergency medicines in relation to the above.
The Andaman Islands being a tropical Island can experience unexpected rains and thunderstorms even in summer months. Though they do not last for long durations, there may be days when this may prevail for a couple of days. Our season commences in August each year. The southwest monsoon showers are over by September, and the weather presents an interesting mix of rain and sun. However, there yet remains the potential of rain in end November or early December as the Northeast winds blow briefly through the islands.
There are number of ferries that ply between Port Blair and Havelock on a daily basis. Do note that in case you are booking any flight to Port Blair that lands after 1330 hrs you will have to spend the first night at Port Blair and can proceed to Havelock only by next day ferry.
Travelers can choose between the slower, cheaper government ferry and the faster, more expensive new catamaran depending on their arrival time in Port Blair as well as their budget. Please note however that getting tickets on the ferry can be very hard and tiresome with long queues. Depending on the rush it can be extremely hard and even impossible to procure tickets last minute and hence advance booking is always suggested. You will need to keep sufficient time to get the appropriate ferry. Please note that boarding stops 30 minutes before sailing.
*The speed boats catamarans’ may/may not sail during the monsoon season.
*The timings can be changed at short notice and we would request you to recheck the timings a few days before arrival. All sailings are subject to weather conditions.
Availability for ferry tickets: Buying a ferry ticket in the Andamans is not as easy as one might think. Demand for tickets is always greater than the number of seats available. There is no advance reservation system for Govt Boats, where asPvt. Catamaran can be booked 30 days in advance and tickets are issued on a first-come first-serve basis.
We do not guarantee that we will at all times get you a ferry ticket, but can assure you that we will do our absolute best to buy them, once you have booked the transfers with us. Although very rare, it is possible that despite our best efforts we are unable to get a ticket for you. However given our experience in this department and our local staff, our chances of getting the ticket are a lot better than the one you have when you arrive and stand in queue last minute.
Andaman Chalet has a double bed, with seating area and a private balcony to the front, overlooking the garden. Each room here features individual style and distinctive ambience with a thoughtful combination of avant-garde facilities at your command to satisfy your needs.
Andaman Cottage presents well- appointed and exquisitely furnished rooms that offer best of life and luxury. It offers a serene retreat with a private balcony or patio with every room.
Andaman Exotica is the independent cottage measuring 420 square feet, furnished with private balcony and a view of the beautifully landscaped gardens. All rooms have a relax zone and a marble bathroom with modern amenities, separate shower. Rooms with queen sized bed, television with cable channels, coffeemaker, and hair dryer. Luxurious bath amenities & toiletries.
- Air Conditioned
- Dental Kit
- Mineral Water
- Room Service
- Cozy Couches
- Bath Towels
- Dining Area
- Queen Sized Bed
Room Occupancy Policy (click to show/hide)
- Maximum 3 Adults are allowed in one room with an extra mattress which is chargeable.
Infant & Child Policy (click to show/hide)
- Child below 5 years will be complimentary on the adult meal plan without any extra mattress and will be charged for Govt. ferry/Makruzz/Coastal Cruise/Green Ocean.
- If a child takes a mattress extra adult rates will be applicable. Child from 12 years is treated as an Adult.
- Child between 5 to 11 years is charged with/without extra mattress.
Check-in & Check-out Timings (click to show/hide)
- Check-In Time: 1200 hrs.
- Check-Out Time: 1100 hrs.
- Early Check-In and late Check-Out is maximum of 2 hours and is subject to availability. Guaranteed early Check-In or late Check-Out will be charged one night’s room rate.
Reservation And Payment Policy (click to show/hide)
- Reservations are held provisionally up to a pre-specified cut-off period/date after which they are automatically released unless payment is received. Reservations will be confirmed only after 100% payment in advance. Every customer has to carry their confirmation voucher and a valid photo ID proof at the time of check-in.
Cancellation Policy (click to show/hide)
- If cancelled from 0 days to 7 days before the check-in date 100% of the booking amount will be charged.
- If cancelled from 7 days to 20 days before the check-in date 50% of the booking amount will be charged.
- If cancelled from 20 days to 30 days before the check-in date 25% of the booking amount will be charged.
- If cancelled from 30 days or more before the check-in date 10% of the booking amount will be charged.
- No refund for cancellation received on bookings from 15th Dec to 15th Jan.
- No refunds for unused nights or early check-out.
- Once booking confirmed, in case of cancellation GST amount is not refundable.
- No refunds would be offered on the government ferry tickets or MAKRUZZ or Coastal Cruise tickets, if already purchased.
- The Hotel is not responsible for room cancellation for the cancellation of flight/ ferry.
- The Hotel is not responsible for cancellation of reservation due to climatic changes/natural calamities.
- Hotel will not be liable against non- availability of amenities / services caused by irreparable technical faults or natural inconvenience.